Pronouncing certain words can be tricky, especially when they are said quickly in succession. Tongue twisters are phrases that are designed to do just that - trip up your tongue. They often use similar sounding words, or words that are easy to mix up.
Tongue twisters lie at the heart of Kamba and of course, they're fun in themselves. So for a good laugh, look no further than these popular tongue twisters. They are sure to leave you in stitches!
While some tongue twisters are difficult to get through without making a mistake, others are downright hilarious. Here are some of the most humorous tongue twisters in the English language.
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if the woodchuck could chuck wood?
2. How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
3. She sells seashells by the seashore.
4. Red lorry, yellow lorry, so a red lorry, a yellow lorry.
5. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled peppers? If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
6. Betty Botter bought some butter but she found the butter was bitter; so Betty Botter bought some better butter to make her bitter butter better.
7. I saw Susie sitting in a shoeshine shop. Where she sits she shines, and where she shines she sits.
8. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy was he?
9. I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won't wish the wish you wish to wish.
10 Big black bugs bleed blue black blood but baby black bugs bleed blue blood.
Tongue twisters are a fun way to pass the time and they can be used to improve your pronunciation and speech skills as well! The next time you're feeling tongue-tied, give one of these hilarious phrases a try or better still, Get Kamba!